Play Therapy in a School Setting
Friday, November 22, 2019
8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Presented by Stephanie Williams, MSW, LCSW, RPT-S
APT Approved Provider 15-432
7 APT CE Direct Contact Credit Hours
7 Continuing Education Hours by the MO State Committee for Social Workers
SOLD OUT! Contact Stephanie to be added to a waitlist.
Providing play therapy in a school brings with it unique opportunities as well as challenges. This training will provide play therapists in schools (social workers, school counselors, school psychologists, student interns and other mental health professionals) with the tools they need to implement play therapy in their school setting.
- Explain the need for play therapy in schools and the benefits it provides.
- Discuss the barriers that therapists face when providing play therapy in schools and ways to address these.
- Utilize best practices for working collaboratively with other school professionals.
- Summarize the main play therapy theories utilized in schools, including Child-Centered, Adlerian and Cognitive-Behavioral Play Therapy, as well as the pros and cons of each.
- Demonstrate new play therapy techniques for working with students based on the main play therapy theories.
- Explain how sandtray play therapy is a useful modality in schools.
8:15-8:30 Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:30-10:00 Need for play therapy in schools; Collaborating with school staff
10:10-11:40 SB-RPT credentials; Theories of play therapy in schools
11:40-12:40 Working lunch: Lunch is provided!
12:50-2:20 Theories of play therapy in schools, continued
2:20-2:30 Break and Afternoon Snack
2:30-3:45 Theories of play therapy in schools, continued
3:45-4:00 Wrap up and Evaluation
***Cancellations received by 11/15/19 are refundable, less a $25 administration fee.
No refunds will be given after this date. See the cancellation policy for more information.
Registration and payment deadline: 11/21/19 by 5 pm. Payment must be received prior to the day of training.
Play therapy credit will not be awarded to non-mental health professionals.
NEW Training Location:
2705 Dougherty Ferry Rd., Suite 101
St. Louis, MO 63122
Registration Fee: $120